Things I love

  • ~Louis
  • ~Family&Friends
  • ~IceCream
  • ~MyKindle
  • ~CoffeeBreaks
  • ~Sparkles
  • ~Knitwear
  • ~Vanilla
  • ~AllThingsLUSH~
  • GossipGirlxoxo~
  • Chips&Ketchup~

20 June 2014

Umm Qais Umm Qais

I'm sorry this is SO late! I can't even remember when it was that we went to Umm Qais! So let's just say that this post will not be too wordy (lucky you eh?)...

Umm Qais is located practically at the northern border of Jordan. To drive there will take you around 2 and a half hours, as you go through some northern cities like Irbid. Umm Qais is an ancient Roman town and is steeped in history due to its location. You can read a bit more here. 

I'm glad that we managed to visit Umm Qais, even though I am tempted to say that it isn't worth visiting if you have a limited time in Jordan. For me, I enjoyed having a look over the border, especially to see the famous Golan Heights and the gorgeous Lake Tiberias. We were informed by our guide that there are various hikes that would lead into the valley and near the Yarmouk River. We didn't have time to do that though.

I feel we've done quite well in seeing Jordan. A couple more places I'd like to visit are Karak castle and Ma'en Springs, so hopefully do that sometime in the future :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Sx

Leading into the Ampitheatre.
 

At the top of the Ampitheatre.

The Terrace.

Love the volcanic black columns, so different to the white ones commonly seen.




The Golan Heights.

The view from our table at the Umm Qais Resthouse.

Grilled halloumi is always a good idea.

View of Lake Tiberias.

Cactus flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...