Things I love

  • ~Louis
  • ~Family&Friends
  • ~IceCream
  • ~MyKindle
  • ~CoffeeBreaks
  • ~Sparkles
  • ~Knitwear
  • ~Vanilla
  • ~AllThingsLUSH~
  • GossipGirlxoxo~
  • Chips&Ketchup~

27 November 2012

It's Sushi Time!

A couple of weeks ago, I was informed of a sushi place here in Amman that offers all you can eat sushi on Tuesdays and Fridays. A visit was necessary, considering how much I missed the sushi buffet spots in North London*.

I had made reservations for the evening, and so decided to spend some of the afternoon at Taj Mall. It's the upmarket mall in Amman, and has brands ranging from Claire's Accessories to Burberry.

Off to the food court to get some fried chicken (of course) and people watching. Then next to Kanafandi, which has *the best* konafa in Amman, in my opinion. Crispy pastry covering a layer of warm, stringy cheese, drenched in syrup, washed down with a cup of Turkish coffee. A perfect treat for a rainy Friday afternoon. 

As I hadn't been to the mall before, I was curious to browse some of the shops (H&M obvi). Foreign clothes are expensive over here. For example, a top that would cost £5 in the UK might cost up to twice as much. I'm hoping this will act as a deterrent to my excessive shopping addiction! 

There was still time to kill, especially after all that konafa, so into a cab and over to the nearby DVD store to stalk up on Mad Men. 

The time for sushi finally arrived. The restaurant is called The Lettuce and The Fish in Abdoun. The buffet menu was a little limited, comprising mainly maki rolls and a few sushi "cones". On this occasion I chose a few items from the menu, including salmon sashimi. An order of fried duck wontons and edamame for the table too. All in all, I thought the food was good. The salmon was delicious and fresh and the cone I ordered had meat throughout, which was a nice surprise. It was a bit on the pricey side, but that was to be expected considering how rare fish is served in restaurants. 

I think next time I'll go for the buffet as it'll be slightly better value, but that sashimi was totally worth it! Here are a couple of pictures of the food-filled day! 

Sx




*if you live near or around North London, two places I would recommend for sushi are Sushi Mania in Edgware and Sushi Bento in Southgate. Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. That sushi looks incredible! I still remember going to the place in Southgate with you guys - such good food! Every now and then I dream about the duck rolls. Yuuuuum!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...