Things I love

  • ~Louis
  • ~Family&Friends
  • ~IceCream
  • ~MyKindle
  • ~CoffeeBreaks
  • ~Sparkles
  • ~Knitwear
  • ~Vanilla
  • ~AllThingsLUSH~
  • GossipGirlxoxo~
  • Chips&Ketchup~

20 December 2013

Seed Mix

I am no domestic goddess. I normally do more eating than cooking. My brothers lovingly commented that I'd probably starve in university due to my inability to cook. It's a miracle I have a husband of 4 years. 

Anyway. I was inadvertently once introduced to a seed mix by The Food Doctor while I was in the UK. I bought it and started sprinkling seeds on my salads and muffins, and anything else really as a nice source of some healthy oils. Then my local Tesco stopped stocking this particular product. So I looked at the ingredients and decided to start making my own mix. I would buy Tesco's 4-seed mix and top it up with some poppy seeds since they have some nice health benefits too.

Since coming to Jordan, I've been too lazy to recreate the mix. Until now! I got my act together, bought some linseeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and poppy seeds and I thought I'd do a little post and spread the joy of seed mixes :) Now I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure you can use different seeds to the ones I've used here ;)

Sx
The stars of our show.
Brown linseeds & sunflower seeds.

Pumpkin & sesame seeds.

Couldn't find these in a bigger container.

Put in as much / little of each seed kind as you like into a dry container. I tried to keep them equal.

Shake it [like a polaroid picture] and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...