Things I love

  • ~Louis
  • ~Family&Friends
  • ~IceCream
  • ~MyKindle
  • ~CoffeeBreaks
  • ~Sparkles
  • ~Knitwear
  • ~Vanilla
  • ~AllThingsLUSH~
  • GossipGirlxoxo~
  • Chips&Ketchup~

03 September 2013

Have you found your soul mates?

Tuesday, Sept. 3: Describe where or what you come from. The people, the places, and/or the factors that make up who you are.

Wow! Talk about starting with a bang. Heavy topic for day one of Blogtember!

I come from the capital of Yemen, Sana'a. I owe Friends a thank you for putting us on the map in a good way. My father actually came from a tiny village a few hours away from the province of Ibb but I was born and raised in Sana'a, where my mother is from. I come from a large family, where we all scream and shout to get our points across but always say good night before going to bed. Oh and we always sing for each other on our birthdays (admittedly, I've missed a few this year, sorry).

So, in a nutshell, that's where I come from. And I will be doing a whole lotta posts about my early life and how it shaped me, because, I think I'm pretty unique *ego*.

The factors that make up who I am. People. Memories. Regrets. But that's oh so very bohemian, no? So, other than my gene pool, my up bringing, my experiences, it's the people who have stepped into my life and changed it forever. In particular, my soul mates. Yes, plural. You know those people, who enter your life and who, for some unknown reason, just complete it in some way or another. They can be family members, or friends you meet in different paths of life. But the distinguishing quality for me is, that you can't really place them in either category. What I mean is, there are some friends that I love so much and when I think "oh, I love her like a sister", I realise, "no...not like a sister, and not like a friend. More, so much more than that". Those, my friends, are your soulmates. 

While I can go on about this topic for days, I think that I need to mention a few citizens of this Earth who have moulded me into the Saba of today. Ideally, I would have tons of photos to show off, but I'm afraid that is something I lost control of by choosing to gallivant to Jordan rather than stay in the UK or Yemen where my photo albums are. I digress!

Shall we start with High School? In particular, two individuals who made my school years unforgettable. I'm talking, eating cookies. Gossiping. Passing notes in classes. Using TipEx as nail polish. Perfecting the art of sarcasm. Debating world politics like it was our duty. Commenting on Britney Spears and BSB. Showing off our VMA and Oscars' knowledge. Singing....O.M.G. The amount of singing!

Then off I went to university, where I met *a lot* of fantastic and amazing people during that time. My wonderful husband. The pink haired girl who labelled all her kitchen utensils using nail varnish (genius btw). More singing. Dancing to RnB music. The "guys". Late night talks. Talking on the buses from campus to halls and then back to town. Three trouble makers with whom I'd stay up all night watching TV and figuring out what 4 to the power of 32 could possibly be. Ladies who would become my closest confidantes and show me what friendship and support really meant. And even if a friend and I didn't agree on everything, we would laugh for hours and be protective of one another. Colleagues who I couldn't imagine my life without, brimming with positivity and plenty of giggles. 

All, my soul mates. 

All individuals who, when I see them or speak to them, my soul finds peace and content. Spending time with them recharges me, reminds me how blessed I am, how much sweeter cake is when shared with them.  

I would like to thank the Universe for putting these people in my life. And I'm not going to say all that emotional stuff like "oh I hope we never stop being friends" because, frankly, soul mates are for life. So, you're stuck with me for a long, long time! :D

Sx

Here are some photos of some of the people mentioned above :)





4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I'd forgotten about the nail varnish on the utensils!! That's sort of freakily ocd now I think of it, but hey! :)

    Lovely post - and looking forward to more about your early years.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no it was completely normal! Especially in mixed halls and you were vegetarian! That sieve of yours lasted years!! I still remember it and your pink sauce pasta :)

      xxx

      Delete
  2. I really like the perspective of soul-mates shaping who you are today. And I'm totally with you in that I think people have multiple soul-mates, those people who make you whole. Happy blogtember!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment Rebeka! Happy Blogtember to you too!

      Sx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...