Things I love

  • ~Louis
  • ~Family&Friends
  • ~IceCream
  • ~MyKindle
  • ~CoffeeBreaks
  • ~Sparkles
  • ~Knitwear
  • ~Vanilla
  • ~AllThingsLUSH~
  • GossipGirlxoxo~
  • Chips&Ketchup~

05 September 2013

Picking your battles

Thursday, September 5: Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered. 

Today's prompt doesn't specify that I have to pick one piece of advice. But I will, because it's one that I can clearly define from a specific period of my life. 

I was a senior in high school and having endless "discussions" and talks about where I would attend university once I graduated. I argued with many people, countless times and after each debate I would despair about the whole topic and my future. Even if my parents took me aside and assured me that nothing would change their mind about sending me abroad, I would cry and feel sorry for myself. 

But my mom gave me a piece of advice that I can't forget. She said that I couldn't let every person who resisted my plans bring me down because then I would never get anywhere in my life. 

And she was absolutely right. Even if people don't like what you're doing or going to do, if you think it's the right thing for you, then take time to listen to them but then be strong and just do what you have decided to do. 

Thank you Mama for being a strong and selfless role model and making me realise that battles will come and go but I can choose to overcome them.

Sx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...